Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tuna and Mussels Carbonara

pasta 1
I really don’t know how to call this pasta I cooked for my friend’s party. Lol. All I know is that I used a carbonara sauce (the ready made one) and some tuna and mussels. I only used two kinds seafood here and one of it is not even a fresh one (canned?) so I’m kinda averted to even call it a seafood pasta. Lol.
Anyway, I just tried my luck to include mussels on my pasta. Lol. I tried shrimp, squid and crab (all fresh) before and it’s heaven! Lol. But you know how expensive those ingredients in here, yeah? Lol.
It’s just a very simple recipe. Thank God for those ready made sauces. You can always put a twist into it by adding some herbs.
Ingredients:
450g linguine pasta
200g carbonara sauce
250g mussels
180g canned tuna
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup water
3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
Grated cheese (any kind)
2 tablespoon olive oil or butter
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Cook pasta per package instructions (Al Dente). Drain. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic in a medium heat oil (do not burn). Add in the tuna. Stir.
3. Pour in the carbonara sauce. Stir. Add in oregano, water and mussels. Cover until mussels have finally opened.
4. Place the spinach and pour in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir for another 5minutes.
5. Pour in the sauce on top of the pasta. Serve with any grated cheese on top (I used cheddar). Serve.
Enjoy!
pasta mussels

No comments:

Post a Comment