Saturday, June 7, 2014

Eggplant and Peas Curry

curry2Eggplant and Peas Curry
I love Indian food because of their spices. I love putting spices on every dish I make. In my opinion, it gives a distinct difference that makes the dish more palatable. I’ve come to love indian spices because my Mom’s best friend is an Indian. When I was a kid I can very much remember how much Indian food had been served on the table whenever we visit their house.
I wanna share a vegetarian recipe. No. I am not a vegetarian but I love my vegetables. There are times that I would do no-meat for a week. And this is one of those days. Lol.
Ingredients:
2 large chinese eggplant (diced))
200g peas (green peas or chick peas)
2 medium tomatoes (halved)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
4 leaves of basil (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
1 tablespoon oil
1 chili pepper (chopped)
1 1/2 cups of water
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Sauté onions, tomatoes and ginger in oil.
2. Add in eggplant, curry powder, coriander and chill pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add the water, salt and pepper. Let it simmer until eggplant is tender.
4. Stir in the peas and have it simmer for 4 minutes (I like that the peas have thickened the sauce)
5. Turn off heat and stir in the basil. Serve over steaming hot rice.
Enjoy!
curry5

No comments:

Post a Comment