Saturday, June 7, 2014

Seared Scallops and Snow Peas

scallop1Seared Scallops and Snow Peas
One morning, my mother came from the market and deliberately woke me up just to tell me she bought some scallops from her friend who sells fresh seafood. lol. I’m not sure if I should be happy or mad with her information but all I know was that I’m still sleepy and I’ll deal with it later.
But my urge for making another recipe overruled the comfortability of my bed. So I popped out of it and went straight to the kitchen. Scallop is something we, most Filipinos, do not put first on the list of our groceries or more often that not, it doesn’t make into the list at all! Lol.
So, gathering whatever ingredients I can include. Here’s what I found.
Ingredients:
8 sea scallops (dried)
1 cup snow peas (trimmed)
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
1 chili (julienned)
1/4 cup peas
Scallions
1 tablespoon vegetable  oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Clean and pat dry the scallops. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. In a hot non-stick pan, add the butter and oil. Make sure the the pan is hot before placing the scallops.
3. Sear the scallops by placing flat-side down in the pan, 2-3 minutes per side. Do not over crowd the pan. If you are cooking plenty of scallops you may want to cook it in batches. Set aside the scallops.
4. Using the pan and oil where the scallops were cooked,  add the garlic, chili, peas, snow peas and scallions. Cook until snow peas are tender. Do not overcook. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Slide in vegetable in a clean plate and place the scallops on top. Serve.
Enjoy!


scallop3

No comments:

Post a Comment