Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vietnam – Cambodia 2013 – Part 10

Surprisingly, I woke up late this time! lol. Everybody’s already downstairs having breakfast. It’s like I was glued to the bed. I didn’t wanna leave but my stomach was growling. Too lazy to move, I didn’t bother to change my sleepwear. lol.
When I arrived at the at the hall, they’re almost done eating. It’s a buffet breakfast so there are a lot of food to choose from, obviously. But what I like most was the watermelon juice. It’s a fresh one and really cold. Really refreshing. I noticed a lot of Korean visitors so I wasn’t surprised to see a lot of korean food on the buffet table.
Well that was a fulfilling meal! We went to the poolside to see the beach and it was a perfect day to swim but we haven’t got enough time already so we just sat at talked for a bit enjoying the view. Of course we took lots of pictures again, the view was just sublime we just had to do tons of picture taking. lol.
Image
Good morning, Mui Ne!

I didn’t stay long in fact after I took several photos, I went back to our room and started packing my things and did one thing I’ve been looking forward doing.. bubble bath!! Hahahaha!!
So while my roomies were busy at the poolside I had the whole bathroom to myself. No disturbances! I took out my lavender bubble bath soap and while the water was filling up the tub I poured a generous amount and watched those tiny bubbles to arise. It was so exciting!!! Amazing!
MuiNe20Pool side!
I heard voices, my roomies are back. They gotten tired waiting for me to finished, Patrick getting naughty and all came to the bathroom, with the lame door of the bathroom (it’s a swinging door for pete’s sake!) it was just easy for him to interrupt the “me time” lol.
He started undressing in front of me and ugh!! So crazy!! Hahahahahaha!! Okay don’t worry, my roomies are gay so I’m used to this kind of   trifling. lol. We are so familiar and comfortable with each other that sometimes we change clothes in front of each other. No worries at all. lol.
We left Oceanfront hotel at 10:30AM and knowing how “fast” we can only go, I can only foresee an again long ride. So I went to sleep. Lol. We had a stop-over at the restaurant where we had our stop day before, we had enough of Pho noodles, we want rice. lol. We’re craving for KFC! lol. Cannot find anything along the industrial zone of Vietnam so we waited until we get into Ho Chi Minh.
ImageGoodbye, Mui Ne!
We arrived in Ho Chi Minh at 5:30PM. We headed straight to Victory Hotel to leave our bags, the owner of the hotel was so nice to let us leave our bags even if we do not have an accommodation that day, that is for him to make it up to us for messing our hotel reservation in their hotel a couple of days before.
We ended up eating at Burger King. Ugh! We’re all hungry, it’s like I can eat the whole menu. lol. So we all agreed that we must do our souvenir shopping quickly, we had to go separate ways as we got different things to buy. But first, I gotta get some Baskin  Robbins! lol.
We all agreed to meet up at Starbucks as soon as we’re done buying stuff. Patrick and I went together as we have the same list of things to buy. FOOD! lol.
My friends just really had to drop by this coffeshop to buy some Vietnam tumblers. They’re crazy about it! lol. It’s not quite far from the market place. So Patrick and I just walked on our way to it.
Image
Sweets in Ho Chi Minh!
By 9:00PM we left for the hotel as we have an arranged taxi to airport at 9:30PM to catch our 1:00AM flight back to Manila. We said bye-bye to the hotel owner, Hien and went to our designated ride. It took 15 – 20mins from District 1 to the airport.
10:00PM we did our check-in back to Manila. It was quite a packed airport. I’m not sure why. It was a bit difficult to find seats. But eventually we got some for ours. And we thought our flight will be delayed. Thank goodness not. We just had to transfer a different gate which is quite a distance and my feet was starting to feel the strain after a week of walking and running around.
At exactly 1:00AM our plane left Ho Chi Minh and arrived back in Manila at 4:00AM. We’ve been so craving for KFC we had to eat our breakfast at KFC – DLSU – Taft. lol.
I would not recommend this kind of itinerary for people bringing in kids. Lol. No. No. No. Maybe with your understanding partner, crazy friends who won’t mind waiting in those long lines you will encounter or maybe just you.
What can I say about this trip? Truthfully, it’s a tiring, energy consuming, exhausting one. We did nothing but to race with time. And it just hit me, you cannot race with time.. because whatever you do, it won’t stop from moving while we.. we have our limitations. And I’m glad that I was able to do this unbelievable trip while I still can.. while my feet and knees still can.. while MY time is not yet up.
You cannot race with time. It’s either you ride with it and do things you think it’s impossible to do by anybody but you OR watch it and regret on the things you could have done while you still can.
So travel and strengthen that bond between you and your friends, see the world with your partner so you got so much to talk about when you both get old, find yourself alone in a different place and understand more what a tiny place you occupy in the world thus makes you to remain more humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment