Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Leftover No More..

One of the things I love about holiday season is having leftovers. If you’re a kind of person who doesn’t like to eat the same food twice, you better learn how to give leftovers a second chance on those taste buds. You’ll be surprised with the things you can make with them!
In my case, I don’t mind eating the same food twice or thrice but I just like re-inventing things, that’s all. lol. So, while I was reading my emails and updating my blogs I thought of making myself a midnight snack.
Seeing there’s a leftover ham and bread, I grabbed some tomatoes, olives and a whole egg (scrambled it). I saw some cheese I used for pasta and Mayo for salad on Christmas. I’mma make myself a sandwich! lol. C’mon, it doesn’t take a genius to make one. Just gather whatever you think will complement with your main ingredient.
IMG-20131230-00810
Heat the ham, scramble the egg, slice the olives and tomato.

IMG-20131230-00814
Heat an old bread on a non-stick pan for a few minutes.
leftovers
When everything is all set. You may start placing or stacking whatever you like. I heard that there should be an order of placing the filling in your bread. But I just don’t really mind as long as all the filling I want is in the bread. lol. BUT rule of thumb in sandwich making, always put your spread (mayo or mustard, etc.) at the bottom bread.
IMG-20131230-00823
Voila! Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment