Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sunday Kitchen Day

Cooking keeps my sanity, especially cooking whatever is left in the fridge. With all the meat consumed this holiday I opted for some fish and it happened that I still got some cream dory I bought day before Christmas.
Besides, it was Sunday. My kitchen day! Lol. I’m not sure what other recipe you can do with a cream dory apart from deep frying it. I guess the make or brake of it is with the sauce. Let me share with you my kitchen day. lol.
Dory01
Prepare everything

Dory2
Ingredients:
  • Cream Dory fillet (cut)
  • 2 medium eggs
  • Tempura mix or flour
  • Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish.
2. Dip fish in egg, coat fish with flour/tempura mix (I used tempura mix)
3. Deep fry the fish until golden brown
4. Once cooked, use kitchen paper towel or newspaper to drain the oil. Set aside.
cook5
Butter cream sauce
I saw some milk and butter left on the fridge. So I thought of making a thick cream as sauce for the fish. I had to get some spring onions on our herb garden to use.
Ingredients:
  • Butter
  • Milk
  • Flour
  • Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Heat the pan and melt the butter.
2. Add flour.
3. Carefully add milk.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Garnish spring onions. Set aside.
cook4Veggies
Ingredients:
  • Green beans
  • Olives (sliced)
  • Butter
  • Salt and pepper
  • Garlic (powdered)
Method:
1. Bring a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
2. Add the beans as soon as the water starts boiling. Let them boil for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the beans from the boiling water and rinse with a cold one to stop the cooking process.
4. Heat the pan and melt some butter.
5. Add the beans, olives and garlic powder. Do not over cook.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
And when it’s finally done, I just can’t wait to start my well deserved lunch. My mates were still sleeping so I got no choice but to eat lunch by myself. lol.
cook6
Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment