Friday, January 31, 2014

Common cold. Common sense.

Been down with a cold for almost two weeks now. Ugh! Don't you just hate repetitievely coughing and blowing your nose? And my tastebuds are sympathizing with me too. I cannot seem to taste whatever food I eat. It's torture!
The weather here seems really different. Philippines have been experiencing a cooler weather and as of writing the temperature is at 21˚C, this is due to the northeast monsoon bringing in cold air from China that usually ends on mid February, it may looked like not too cold for you guys living in a snowing country but in a tropical country like Philippines we are pretty much lucky to get 29˚C  in the city. Probably that's why a lot of people are getting colds lately. It's like every people I see on the street are coughing or whatever. I'm worried.
tissues
Always sneeze and cough on the tissue. Dispose it properly.
My cold started 3 days before our swimming party and the thought of not being able to come to the party just sucks because a friend of ours came home from Singapore for vacation and it's the only time I can spend time with him.
I tried whatever remedy there is. I read somewhere that the colour of your mucus or phlegm can at least tell about your health. So I was attentively checking the colour of my mucus and pray on every blow that it doesn't turn into yellow/green and that a clear one is a good thing. Lol. I don't know how much kleenex I've used but I certainly feel bad for the trees slayed for it. lol.
And then the day of the party came, my friends were looking forward for it since last year. The whole resort was rented by my friend for a 24hr party and unfortunately I had to cancel my confirmed attendance. My situation was not getting any better. I was home alone. Everybody went down south for the party..  I ate my dinner alone.. it was depressing.
drinking-waterDrink plenty of water
I was checking my Facebook and Twitter timeline. I was seeing pictures and shout out of my friends having fun, I was still getting messages to come down and join them.
I have decided. I will go.
But how? A friend already at the party mentioned that one of our friends are still in the city and will come down to join them late in the evening which means I can just thumb a ride with her. lol. I messaged her and agreed on the pick up point. I'm excited!
It was already past midnight and my friend haven't called me yet to tell me she's on her way to the meeting place. The people down south have already been partying for 8hours. I was concerned that by the time we get into the place everybody might have past out already. lol.
At 1am. We found our way to the south. My friend brought with her her two cousins whom I have known for a while and actually good friends too. So the ride down south was pretty fun. As we approach the province of Laguna the weather seemed to be more nipping. My cold is getting worse. I can feel it's clogging up my nose! It was frustrating!
3784629428_43220de743
Clean you hands thoroughly and often. Always sanitize.
It's 3am when we got into the resort and the people left standing partying for 12hrs already were actually surprised to see us. And we're pretty much surprised as well to see one of them weeping out of agony. She slipped on the bathroom and hurt her wrist. Good thing we have a friend who's a nurse who thoughtfully took care of her. Thank you, Mike!
I saw the pool. I see its light changing from different colours. Although I am not a fan of putting whatever electrical enhancements on the pool it was really nice to look at it. It was enchanting.
Now my big decision is.. Should I take a dip or not. I gingerly touch the water and as expected on hotspring pool.. it's warm.. Hmmmm.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a quick one.
You know how our parents try to keep us dry as much as possible when we are sick? Well I don't see them around. lol. I changed to my swimwear and at 4am I saw myself enjoying the water. For 30minutes I forgot how sick as a dog I was. LOL. It was a crazy decision! I know!
The moment I got out of the water the chilly breeze accosted me. I looked for my towel in my bag.. I forgot to bring one. I partied all morning so wet!
I'm already seeing the sunrise.. It's 6am.. I haven't rested yet. Are you kidding?! It has only been 3hours since we arrived. Lol. I'm not gonna rest! I was determined. Lol.
I sang my heart out on every song I've input on the videoke. I don't care if my voice have gotten raspy from my coughing. I just wanna sing! Gimme the damn microphone!
ts17
A soup can help relieve congestion.
I cooked breakfast and lunch for everybody all morning. At check out the feeling was unbearable. On our way back to the city, there was a time I can no longer breathe thru my nose and thank God for making the mouth as another way to breathe.
I looked for some decongestion medicine in my bag. I forgot my medicine. Lol. Thank goodness my ever ready nurse friend got some in his bag. And willingly gave me his. Eventually I felt the air passing thru my nose again. It was liberating!
We had to go straight to the hospital by the time we arrived in the city to have my friend's injury be checked as we felt like she fractured her wrist or something. True enough! She did fracture her wrist! 
It was already night time by the time we arrived home. Mom came home that Sunday. My condition didn't get any better at all in fact I was at my worst. Fever got into me in the middle of the night.
article-2527004-1A389AE300000578-768_634x369
Get some rest.
I had to reschedule my job interview because of it. My Mom was wondering how it gotten worst. She thought I didn't go to the party. She went mad upon knowing what I did. You know how our Moms are.. Lol.
I told her what I read about common cold. That there's no cure for it yet and you just have to wait until the virus run its course and the most you can do is to make yourself as comfortable as possible.
And then she said.. "The only way to cure common cold is common sense!"
Made me looked back all the not so wise decisions I made over the weekend. lol. Made me also realised I shouldn't complain.
Oh well.. what do you know.. Mothers are always right!
Ugh! I can't wait to be a mother and be always right! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment