Saturday, December 28, 2013

Vietnam – Cambodia 2013 – Part 8

Okay, back to the hotel! Their pool was looking nice that we all had to change to our swimwear and take advantage of owning the pool to ourselves! lol. It’s not really a big one, it’s more like a lap pool. We played a little game on the pool and just talk about the adventures of the past days as we about to get close to ending the epic trip.
With all the food we ate at lunch we thought we would not need to have dinner. But it’s our last night and we wanna make use of the time left. We went to Joe’s Cafe, one of the most popular bar/restaurant in the strip. We listened to their performer as we wait for our food. We cannot see the guy singer as we opted to sit outside so we can only hear the sound. Then we’re suddenly silenced by this familiar resonance. As we try to apprehend its intro, our eyes got bigger and bigger!
Image
Swimming!

The singer was playing/singing one of the Philippines’ most famous song that it became an international hit in the 80′s and was even translated into 26 languages, Freddie Aguilar’s “Anak”. It was goosies all over my body! The singer was even singing the Filipino (original) version which was more amazing! I mean, I would understand if all the audiences were Filipino but we saw other foreigners, lots of them! And I am not sure they understand the song.
I just felt so proud that moment especially after his performance, people we’re clapping as if they did understand the song. Turned out the singer is a Filipino with a stage name Kreed and pretty much famous in the strip! There are actually a lot of Filipino performers working in Vietnam. That moment, I have never been so proud of my countrymen’s talent (I’ve always been though.. but not goosies all night) not  since watching Lea Salonga’s appearance at Les Miserables’ 25th year concert in 2010. lol.
We were so busy talking about it we even forgot our order! Hadn’t it arrived, we will never know. lol. My first reaction was, it’s big serving! I ordered tofu burger and it looked liked I ordered two of them! Lol. Presentation was pretty appetizing, I can’t wait to chomped through one after another and leave tooth marked rings of crust as I eat. lol!
Image
Let’s Eat!
I ordered a meat free burger, so it has breaded tofu, grilled aubergine, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and some bbq flavoured dressing, I guess it’s not meat free burger after all. lol. But it was wonderful! I love it! The tofu, Oh I don’t know how they did it but I am so jealous I wish I know how so I could make one for Mom.
What I like most was that since it’s quasi-meat free. lol. It’s not really heavy in my tummy! Got to taste a bit of everything laid on the table, from Fajitas to Steak, they’re all so delicious! No wonder this restaurant is really popular in the strip! I recommend you go to Joe’s Cafe and try whatever you like I am pretty sure everything in their menu is going to give you a blast!
On our last night, I felt that the whole week of walking and running around the two countries have finally sunk in. I’m too lazy to move and my feet were so beat. Finally after a round of beer (for them..)  we all decided to go back to the resort and just get our well deserved sleep.
My bed is so big and really comfy! Yes. This time I got the whole bed to myself. As Joseph and Patrick were sharing the other. lol. It was a great day and another night to sleep with a smile on our face.

No comments:

Post a Comment