Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Vietnam – Cambodia 2013 – Part 6

The others didn’t sleep at all (I think..) but my roommates and I had to sleep even if it will only get us 3hrs of it. I woke up at 3:30AM as our rented shuttle for Mui Ne will arrive at 4AM but for some reason our shuttle was late. So while waiting for it, I went to this convenience store to satisfy my cravings.. ice cream. lol.

Image
Money money money. Sleepless in Victory Hotel. (Photo credit: Mark Veneracion)
We waited for like forever, good thing Hing, the owner of the hotel helped us and went to wait with us at the meeting place. He was even going back and forth of his hotel to call the driver which he too had a problem reaching. The hotel owner is really nice, despite the dilemma we had just hours before. We gained a friend in him and that even now we still talk. So cool! 
ImageIce cream in daybreak
5AM the shuttle which we rented for $25 each has left Ho CHi Minh for Mui Ne and just like any other road trips we had, I slept. lol. Wishing that when I open my eyes, I’m already seeing the waves. Unfortunately, after two hours, we had to stop at this restaurant along the highway for breakfast. lol.
We filipinos love our rice early in the morning, steamed or fried, we don’t care how it’s cooked but sadly the restaurant does not have a rice meal served that early so we had to settle with their Pho noodles.
ImageBreakfast
The driver was a bit difficult to talk to, he doesn’t speak english and he can only understand a few. That’s why most of the time when talking to him we had to do charades! Unbelievable! lol.
What we wanted him to do was go a little bit faster because we noticed that the van runs in 40 to 50 mph. I understand that probably there is a speed limit but seriously, some small vehicles were overtaking! It was really beyond imagination how slow we were moving. So to hide my irritation, I slept!
ImageThe rented mini-bus, a Mercedes Benz Sprinter.
It took me two “rise up and shine” before we got into city of Phan Thiet, it’s almost noon and boy we’re lost! The driver had to call somebody to find the way to Mui Ne.
Mui Ne is a 15 km long strip of resorts lined up, shaded by the coconut palms. It’s beautiful! The side walks are made of cobblestones and the streets are clean. We saw tourists riding motorbikes to get around the resort area, some were even going Segway on the side walk.
Restaurants and bars lined on either side of the streets abounding with their own gimmick – lunch and dinner buffet, happy hour, ladies night and many more! It’s so exciting!
By 12noon we arrived at Oceanfront Hotel, the exterior is all white and the design resembles to greek architecture with the heavy use of columns. You have no idea how white it is that it’s actually glaring intensely on a noonday sun! I had to put my shades on to actually appreciate it! lol.
Image
Welcome to Oceanfront Hotel
So we went to our assigned rooms to leave our bags and have a quick whatever business we wanna do in the bathroom. THAT 7hr ride (probably the longest 7hrs of my life) was a joke! lol.
We agreed to meet up at the lobby to have lunch outside the hotel. I think the receptionist suggested a good restaurant in the area.
Image
In the room with my room mates
Okay I gotta say the room was quite fancy, even the bathroom, it’s remarkably big.. bigger than my own room back home. Hah! The only problem was the bathroom door, it’s a swinging door for christ’s sake! And please don’t let me start with the lock! Made me realized that all bathroom doors we had in a hotel were all busted. How coincident was that!
Good thing I saw a bath tub.. I love bath tub. Who doesn’t love bath tub? I always bring a bubble bath with me on whatever travel I have hoping for a relaxing bath. lol. And I also like the idea of seashells all over the side of the mirror, it’s so.. Little mermaid-ish! lol.
Image
The biggest bathroom I have ever seen. lol.
So we went down to the lobby waited for the others and with the use of our rented van we headed to a restaurant that seems to be popular in Mui Ne as we’ve seen a lot of people eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment