Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stuffed Peppers (No-Bake)

Image
No-bake stuffed peppers


I woke up finding I got a leftover rice from last night. I'm tired of making fried rice every breakfast so I was thinking of another way to cook it. Good thing I got some fresh peppers in the kitchen and meat in my fridge. So I thought of making stuffed peppers BUT the last thing I wanna do is bake it as I got no oven yet, so I had to check the internet on how to make it look like one. Thank God for numerous recipe sites!!
Ingredients:
3 medium sized peppers (cut the top; discard the stem and seeds)
2 cups cooked rice
250g ground pork or beef
1 medium carrots (minced)
15oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup cheez whiz
1 small onion (minced)
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
Method:
1, Parboil in a boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2. In a clean bowl mix sugar, dried basil and tomato sauce. Set aside the tomato sauce mixture.
3. Brown the meat, carrots and onion in a skillet. Add salt and pepper according to taste. Drain excess oil.
4. Add 1/2 of the tomato sauce mixture and cooked rice into the meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon the meat mixture into peppers, place it back into the skillet on top of the remaining mixture.
6. Pour the remaining 1/2 of tomato sauce mixture around the peppers. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the cheez whiz on top of the peppers. Cover and simmer for another minute. Then serve.
Bon Appetite!
Image
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment