Monday, February 10, 2014

French Toast Roll-Ups (Banana and Peanut Butter)

Image
I woke up craving for some toast rolls but then I got no bananas to fill my rolls with peanut butter. I was too lazy to go to the market. Lol. But my cravings prevailed… well not until after dinner time. Lol. I'm not sure if it's weird to eat french toast at night but I just had to have some!
Ingredients:
  • Soft white bread (crusts trimmed, flattened with the rolling pin)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup granulated brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Butter
Filling options:
  • Banana (Sliced)
  • Peanut butter
  • Cream cheese
  • Strawberries or any berries will do! It's up to you!
Method
  • Spread the desired filling on one side of the flattened bread. I used banana and peanut butter.
  • Roll up the bread tightly. Do the same with the remaining bread.
  • Beat eggs in a shallow dish, you can add milk if you want.
  • On a separate dish, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
  • Heat the pan (medium heat) and grease it with the butter.
  • Dip each roll into egg mixture, and place into the pan. Cook in batches, until roll is browned.
  • Dip into the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered. Serve immediately.
By the way, I hate wasting any food so I decided to cook the crust I trimmed from the bread. There's still egg mixture and cinnamon sugar left so might as well cook it. It's really good! I promise!
Buon Appetito!
ImageFrench toast roll-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment