Thursday, February 13, 2014

Broccoli and Orange Buttered Pasta

One morning I found that my oranges were getting too ripe. The last thing I want to do is to throw it so I checked my kitchen if there's anything I can do apart from making a juice out of it. Lol. I found a broccoli in the fridge and thank goodness my Mom bought a pasta  the day before so I decided to make an early lunch.
Image
 Broccoli and Orange Buttered Pasta

Image
I like that there is a little tangy flavour into it because of the orange juice. It would also make a difference if you add a little pulp!
Ingredients:
2 cups pasta (Rotini)
250g ground pork or beef
1 medium broccoli (washed, sliced into small florets)
1/2 cup orange juice (I used freshly squeezed with pulp)
Zest of one orange
250ml cream
2 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
3 tablespoons butter
Oil
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, simmer the orange juice then add in the cream and stir constantly for five minutes. Remove from heat and add in butter. Whisk until butter has melted then add the orange zest. Set aside.
3. Using a large pan, heat oil (medium-high heat) and sauté the meat until brown. Add in the garlic and broccoli (do not burn the garlic).
4. Add in the orange buttered sauce to the sautéed meat and broccoli. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper according to taste. Reduce heat to low.
5. Pour in the pasta into the sauce. Toss lightly to coat. Serve it with a slice of orange.
BON APPETITO!
Image
Lunch is served!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment