Sunday, February 16, 2014

Spicy Green Mango Salad

Image
 Spicy Green Mango Salad

Image
Mom brought home some really really big green mangoes. Unfortunately, it was so green I found it difficult to eat it with just a salt. It's too sour. Lol. I knew I had to make something different out of it. Lol. Scrambled my kitchen and I found these..
Ingredients:
1 large green mango (shredded)
1 medium carrot (shredded)
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 medium bell pepper (julienne ; thinly)
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced, fried)
30g roasted peanuts
Dressing:
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar or lime juice
1 tablespoons sesame oil or peanut oil
1 small red chill (seeded ; julienne)
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Blanch shredded carrot, onion and bell pepper in boiling water. Drain. Set aside.
2. Combine sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and chill. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
3. Combine blanched vegetables, peanuts and shredded mango. Pour in the spicy dressing and toss till everything is covered. Serve.
I like that the saltiness of fish sauce somehow complements with the the green mango. I also like that it's spicy because it leaves a kick on your tongue making you want more!
Enjoy!
Image
Top it with scallions
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment