Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Late Night Salad

salad
I had enough early dinner in the office that day so I skipped dinner at home but when the clock strikes twelve midnight my stomach started to growl. Lol. I went to the fridge and looked for whatever is available. I remember I bought some romaine lettuce and cucumber at the farmer’s market the day before. I found some leftover chicken from the chicken spread I made also the day before and found an asian salad dressing I bought when I did some groceries.  So I ended up making a salad. Lol.
I think everyone knows how to make a salad.. whether fruit or veggie. It’s just a matter of the ingredients you are going to use. You wanna make sure the ingredients are fresh!
Ingredients:
  • Romaine Lettuce (washed)
  • Cucumber (chopped)
  • Day old bread
  • 1 medium red onion (chopped)
  • Leftover chicken breast
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • Cream cheese
  • Asian dressing
Method:
1. Wash the lettuce well in a cold water then dry. Set aside.
2. Heat bread in medium high heat or until they get toasty (do not burn). Then spread some cream cheese on it and cut them into squares. That will serve as your croutons. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Add the dressing. Toss it well. Serve.
Enjoy!
salad2

No comments:

Post a Comment