Sunday, June 14, 2015

Strawberry and Mango Shortcake

custard cake2
I can’t get enough of the strawberries so I went to make the another quick strawberry recipe on that same day that I made that Strawberry and Mango Banana Cake. I would like to believe what I did was a shortcake. Lol. It’s really an easy one to make as I got the cake from the bakeshop so I totally saved a lot of time! Lol.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Strawberries (sliced)
  • 1/4 cup Ripe Mango (sliced)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • Any kind of chocolate shavings (i used truffles)
  • 1 Custard cake (cut in half crosswise)
Method:
1. Melt the chocolate (How to melt chocolate: http://www.wikihow.com/Melt-Chocolate). Set aside.
2. Beat the cream and carefully add the melted chocolate. Set aside.
3. Place the bottom cake on a clean plate. Scoop a spoonful of cream and spread. Place the strawberries and mango slices. Scoop another spoonful of cream and place it on top of the fruits.
4. Place the other half of the cake on top of the fruits. This time you may add all the fruits left. It’s up to you how you want to decorate it! Lol.
Enjoy!
strawberry2
1396056801633
By the way, the shortcake I made happened to be Mom’s post birthday cake. Lol. I placed a candle and sang happy birthday to her! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment