Friday, April 26, 2013

Davao 2013 – Day 2 (Rya's Barbie Party)


Never seen a girl been so Barbie fanatic but my niece, Rya. Everything from clothes to her water tumbler it's all about Barbie and pink! By the way, I love pink too! lol. So definitely the theme of her Jollibee party was nothing else but Barbie! There's no Jollibee (or it used to) in Dubai so you could just imagine how excited my niece and nephew that day.

April 15 at seven in the evening we headed to Matina Square where the famous fast food chain is located. The space allotted was really big and I thought it's quite too big for a typical children's party. Wrong!!

picmix-1532013-235248
In the beginning..

By 7:30PM guests started to arrive and eventually filled the room. It was packed that some guests would have to occupy the tables outside the party room. All in all the guests were like more than 80. lol.

Never thought there would be so much kids as my niece does not go to school in the Philippines nor have that so much mates in here too, aside from her cousins. It was lovely to see kids running around in their pink tutu though. lol.

picmix-1532013-235741Parlor games

And the classic parlor games started - Trip to Jerusalem, Bring me.. , Simon says.. It was fun! My niece was not in the mood to join the games probably because she didn't get much sleep in daytime where as the baby brother, Regu was all smiles with the guests!

Things turned around when the main character arrived, Jollibee! My nephew cannot believe he's seeing a real one, because back in Dubai he can only see a picture or a statue. My niece, Rya, started to show some interest in the party too! lol. It was priceless!

picmix-1632013-0204And everybody wants a picture with Jollibee.

In our table I met an adorable girl named Lyka, her parents are good friends of my brother in Dubai, she was a bit shy at first but when the games started she was so thrilled! Too bad she's scared of mascots. When Jollibee came to the room she hurriedly went under the table and started to cry.

picmix-1532013-231417Mother and Son

The party finished at around nine-ish in the evening. Mom and I saw a coffee shop from a far. We decided to check the coffeehouse. They got a lot of extra ordinary flavours going on in there but what caught my attention was the Durian Arctic Blast. lol.

Mom loves Durian while I'm a bit neutral with it. Mom loves coffee while I do not drink coffee (I palpitate and get shaky) doctors prohibited me on having some but for the sake of experiencing Durian in your coffee and as a frap, I gave in. lol.

Mom loved it and I don't! I'm sorry but I just really don't. I'll stick with the basic. I would rather eat Durian fresh than be blended with coffee. lol.

picmix-1532013-23745with my brother's precious toy.

My brother is an engineer/accountant but has a knack with photography, I must say he takes a good picture. He asked me to take care of his precious toy as he had to stay at the square to party with friends. He  invited me to join them but was too tired so I forbear. lol.

The day was so fun! I cannot believe I turned down some fast food party invites when I was a kid. lol. To tell you honestly, I was once afraid of mascots. That's why I can so sympathise with Lyka when she rushed down under the tables and hugged the legs of her nanny crying. Good thing I was able to struggle through while growing up and I'm pretty sure Lyka will do too.

Back to my brother's home I cannot wait to get into bed, problem was - I started to palpitate and get shaky because of the coffee. lol. Mom told me to do not go to sleep yet and drink a lot of water, after a couple of hours i was good to go so I went to bed and hugged my mom tight! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment