Friday, April 26, 2013

Davao 2013 - Day 1

Dvo1
My first day here in Davao has just ended. And this day was all about food! lol. The first reason why Mom and I are here is because my brother and his family came to visit from Dubai. My they have been very kind to invite us to see them in Davao. Note: This is a chance for Mom to see her only grand kids.

Me and Mom's day started with an early flight out of Manila, 7:30am. We arrived in the crowned jewel of Mindanao at nine o'clock and my brother was sooooo early at the airport to pick us up. He was like 2 hours earlier! Lol.

Screen_20130414_152238
Mom posing for the cam on board

Outside the airport there was a media interviewing a man which made me and mom wonder who he is. Not until my brother recognized him and started taking pictures of him. The guy is one of Philippine boxing's fastest rising star, Boom-Boom Bautista, which was on the same plane that we were.

Then we headed to Cataluna Pequeño where my brother and her wife bought a house. I was excited to get inside the house to see the kids, and when I went to their room I saw the eldest,Rya crying for I do-not-know reason. lol. She was so not in the mood when we saw her. lol. Then I saw the youngest, Regu who I think is the cutest baby ever with the rosy cheeks and naughty smile. I saw Mom is so happy to finally see her grand kids,

By lunch time we went to this place where they are known to serve catfish - Sumague's Ihaw-ihaw. We ordered tons of catfish because my brother missed it so much. They had it grilled, deep fried and cooked in coconut milk but I prefer my catfish fried. To be honest I am not a fan of catfish but I tried it and it was delicious! In my opinion, its meat is so soft and taste like chicken. Lol.

After we had lunch we went back home and rested for... I do know! lol. Mother woke me up at around six in the evening because she said we're going somewhere.

Me, mom, my brother and his brother-in-law were in his car and went to a quite famous mall in Ma-a, The NCCC. We were told to meet my sister-in-law and the others there. So after we meet up, we went to a church somewhere in the area, the St. Paul church to give thanks and light a candle.

Screen_20130414_192911
At Saint Paul's Church

Then, it started to drizzle.. just drizzle. We went to one of the famous eating place in Davao, the Penongs, famous for BBQ and seafood grills. We had chicken and pork bbq. I cannot stop laughing seeing my brother who cannot seem to get enough of his pork bbq. He was telling how much he missed eating pork! lol.

picmix-1432013-194812Dinner time!

After that lovely meal, we headed home this time it's just me, my brother and his brother-in-law in the car, mom went to the other car to be with her grand kids. lol.

As we headed home, rain started to pour in. Then my brother fully opened the car window and telling the rain will not bother him because he missed it too! Then on the radio a Philippine slow rock classic was playing, all of a sudden he and the brother-in-law started  singing their guts out with my brother acting as as if he was strumming an invisible guitar and with the rain kinda pouring inside the car, it was an epic scene! lol.

IMG-20130414-01081Mom and Son

So now I am here in the guest room, sitting on the floor facing the bed with the laptop and beside it is mom snoring.. lol. From Mom's snoring I can say she enjoyed the day like I did.

I cannot wait to see what will happen tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, the day after it and the day after that day. lol. In short, spending time with your family is always the best thing it could happen to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment