Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bohol 2011 - Day 3 - Island Hopping (Virgin Island)

The last stop for that day was the Virgin Island, just 20 minutes away from the Balicasag Island. They called it Virgin Island because no one lives on this island. The island is clearly an additional attraction in Panglao, Bohol due to its long stretch of white sand beach during low tide. 

As soon as we arrived at the docking station a swarm of vendors headed towards us to sell different kinds of sea creatures from a variety of fishes, sea urchins (swaki) , shells, star fish and a lot more. If you want to make the most of your Bohol experience try the sea urchin. No, I did not try it. I had enough Tamilok (wood worm) from Palawan already. lol.

Also called the Oasis Island

 Mark just found his Starfish

 Mark and Mike were making fun of the 2 starfish they found

 And yes, I love the water! lol

 Jaydee

 The weather is so hot you have no choice but to dip into the water

We stayed for about 1 hour in the island. We even had coconut juice on our way back to the docking area. I get to do some chit-chatting with the vendors in the island. lol. They told me how they would go to the island everyday from mainland just to do a small business of selling refreshments and would eventually go back to the mainland in the afternoon. 

We noticed an island across the virgin island, travel time would most likely be 30 minutes. I asked the vendor what island is it. She said they call it the cat island. Because it's where people would put stray cats.

Our traveler feet. lol 

Back to Dumaluan. Look how low tide it was! 

We decided to make the most of our day in the resort since it will be our last day. After a quick shower we went to the resort's restaurant and just relaxed. Watching people pass by while having a merienda by the beach.

We had pancit guisado, all meat pizza and moist chocolate cake. When the food arrived I was surprised with the presentation but what made me more surprised was the taste. The food was great! I love it. All the time I was chewing I just kept mumbling. lol. Even the mango shake left me speechless! You really should try dining in their restaurant.

Jaydee chillin'

 My mango shake

 The pancit guisado, Yum!

 All meat pizza and Mark, Yummy!!

 The moist chocolate cake

We had a quick drink at the resorts bar. I had a bottle of beer and munch on some mojos. lol. I never intend to drink a lot that night as the feeling of have not yet recovered from the drunkenness still haunts me. lol. Just so you know I had the worst hangover when I traveled that Saturday to Bohol. We went back to our room at 11:30pm to get some rest as we need to prepare for our flight the next day back to Manila.

Mojos and beer are perfect!

I was having second thoughts on going to Bohol as it has not been two years since the last time I was there with friends. But I know I made a right decision to go back. Sometimes I would tell my friends if I win in the lottery I would like to buy a rest house in Bohol. The place did not disappoint me. From people to places - it just did not. I would love to go back to this place and maybe, just maybe retire to this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment