Friday, November 4, 2011

Bohol 2011 - Day 1

It was time to travel again... to Bohol. located in the Central Visayas, its city capital is Tagbilaran. This is not the first time I came to see the place. The first time was in May 2010, during our CebuHol trip wherein we did a side trip to Bohol, just an overnight stay and it was not enough. We did not get to enjoy the beach much because we had to leave the following day to catch, 45mins to 1 hr, ferry ride back to Cebu then a flight to Manila. I fell in love with the place and so I said, "I will definitely be back!"

Bohol island is a famous tourist destination because of its numerous tourist spot. The Chocolate Hills is the most popular attraction. Bohol is also home to the Philippine Tarsier, known as the second-smallest primate in the world. If you want to relax by the beach, you can visit Panglao Island, located just southwest of Tagbilaran City, it is famous for its diving locations and commonly listed as one of the top ten diving locations in the world. 

We were able to get hold of a round trip ticket for Php1,500 via AirPhilippines. Good thing I still remember my contact in Bohol, Ritchie Vasquez, member of the tourist transport co-op in Bohol. You will be surprised how popular this guy is at the airport. I am not kidding!

He also does airport transfer and he can also help you on your hotel accommodations and boat rentals/tours. He is somehow associated with Dumaluan Beach Resort. This man is the perfect example of jack of all trades! 

Ritchie's Rental Rates: Entrance fees are not included

Country Side Tour
Php2,000 - Avanza (Good for 2-3 pax)
Php2,500 - Van (Good for 4-8 pax)

Itinerary: 
Chocolate Hills, Loboc Ride, Hanging Bridge, Man-made Forest, Tarsier, Python, Butterfly Sanctuary, Baclayon Church, Blood Compact Site and Souvenir Shopping

Panglao Island Tour
Php1,500

Itinerary
Hinagdanan Cave, Shell Shop and Bee Farm

Airport Transfer Only
Php500 - Avanza/Van

You may contact Ritchie on his numbers, 0915-4486772 (Globe) or 0919-7654571 (Smart)


 Ohhh the clouds.. It's so cotton-candy like! Makes me wanna eat ya! lol


The flight was somehow delayed, as usual, so we arrived 20 minutes late from the original time. In fact, weeks before the flight, it was moved on a different time three times. Probably because of the issues of PAL and their employees (AirPhil is being maintained by PAL) We kinda thought that they might cancel the flight eventually but they did not! And so we were happy! Yay!

 Touch down Tagbilaran! I really find this photo funny! I looked like I had been copy/paste on the background! lol

Touchdown will not be complete without taking a picture of the airport from its tarmac. lol


Room H-1 in Dumaluan, thanks to Ritchie for helping us booked this room. This room is near the beachfront and pool. We got a Deluxe room for Php2600 per night - It has a water heater, air-conditioner, cable TV, refrigerator and a bathroom with bathtub. The accommodation comes with a free buffet breakfast good for two. Charge for extra person is Php400 provided with mattress and inclusive of buffet breakfast. For more info visit http://www.dumaluanbeach.com/

 The spacious bed. Jaydee and I shared on this bed. Mark and Mike have their own mattresses, pillows and blanky. 

 The Dumaluan shoreline at low tide.

Jaydee, Me and Mark at DBR Grill

Since this is not the first time for me and Jaydee, we somehow know where to eat on a budget. To be honest, Panglao is pretty much an expensive place to be. lol. It's like everything in here is for sale. Even at the resort they do not have a complimentary water. For some reason the water in Bohol is expensive. I don't know why. Can somebody explain that to me?

Anyway, we had dinner at DBR Grill located at Dumaluan 1 where we ordered Sinigang na Hipon, Pork Sigsig and Liempo on our first night. The shake is a must try on this place. There are a wide variety of flavors to choose from - Green or Ripe Mango, Melon, Watermelon, Buko, Lychee, Pineapple, Banana, Dalandan and Durian. I had buko shake 'coz it's the one I never tried before, I shall pass on the Durian. lol. 
Our total bill was Php600+, divide that to 4 and it was like Php150+ each. Not bad!

 My buko shake and Mike

 Mozzarella Sticks

We went back to our room watched some tv shows on our 32" flat screen tv. Yes, it is flat screen. lol. I remember last year it was in CRT. The resort is indeed upgrading. Eventually my travel buddies fell asleep. They left me hanging out all by myself at the beachfront, listening to the band playing some Bossa tunes at the main bar, having some tea and mozzarella sticks as my tribute to my friend Valerie who was not able to come due to work related reasons. lol. She told me to try it 'coz it's good and it really is!

I went back to our room at 11PM gotta get rested up for the next day will be a long day. I cannot wait to meet the Tarsiers again..


2 comments:

  1. Yung clouds parang teletubbie character hehe! waaahh... i miss the mozzarella sticks. But good thing you enjoyed it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did! hehehe. I wonder how do they cook it. lol

    ReplyDelete