Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hong Kong 2011 - Day 1

Day 1

We got a round trip ticket to Hong Kong for Php 4,070.69 on January 2011. I had to pay Php100 for check-in luggage week before departure and pay for the Php 1620 Travel tax. In short the round trip airfare cost: Php5790.69

Fast forward...

May 15 2011, I get to arrive at the airport first then came Jaydee and Val then Pat.


- Checking my Passport =) -


1640H flight from Manila to Hong Kong was delayed for 1.2 hour due to, as usual, air traffic congestion.


- Valerie and Jaydee -
The line at check-in counter was not that long. In fact we were 3rd on the line. However, all those passengers before us were group bookings!

Touch down Hong Kong an hour late from the original arrival (1840H). Although I already have HKD 2000 as my pocket money, I had to exchange additional Php 10,000 at HK airport just to make myself safe on another country that is almost 700 miles from home. =)


And as per experience, I would advise you to have your money exchanged in Manila rather than in Hong Kong. I only get to have HKD 1500 out of my Php10k. Whereas in Manila, I get to have HKD2k out of my Php11k at Czarina Exchange located at the Makati Stock Exchange Tower 1. In short, I was HKD500 "lugi".


- Our best-friend all through out the trip "The Octopus Card" -

At the HK airport first thing to buy is the Octopus Card. You will be needing it all throughout your stay. You will be amazed what this card can do for you. =)


We took a shuttle (S1) going to Tung Chung terminal and had to interchange lane at Central terminal to get to Causeway Bay.


- Valerie outside HK Airport Terminal 1 -


- Our first MTR ride -

Our hotel is a 5 minute walk from Causeway Bay Terminal which is good because we will be taking this ride all the time.



"The Wifi Boutique hotel". The name itself says everything. Each room comes with a complementary wifi access and it is fast! For someone who needs access on the internet, especially emails.. I find this ultimately amazing! Not bad for a Php5000 apportion for the entire stay at the hotel.

- Room 1603 -

As soon as we settled our luggage we went to Chiu Hing Noodle House for our super late dinner. The noodle house is just 3 minutes walk from our hotel. =)

I had the Special beef sirloin rice. It taste good! It's like eating "Beef Nilaga" without the soup. People here are friendly as well. They find time to be more patient when taking our orders.


- Special Beef Sirloin Rice at Chiu Hing Noodle House -


Day 1 Expenses:

Terminal Fee - Php750 (NAIA - Terminal 3)
Octopus Card - Hkd150 = Php825 - Hkd50 is for deposit. It will be refunded on your last day
Dinner - Hkd42 = Php231 at Chiu Hing Noodle House
7eleven - Hkd18 = Php99 (Bottled water, chocolate milk)

Total : Php1905


No comments:

Post a Comment