Monday, April 11, 2011

Boracay Getaway Day 1

Finally! Some time off to visit my blog. lol. Anyway, let me share with you my recent (though not ultimately recent - at all!) visit in Boracay with friends. A brief overview of Boracay - Boracay island is separated from Panay island in Visayas by a narrow strait. White Beach is the main tourism. It is about four kilometers long and is lined with resorts, hotels, lodging houses, restaurants, and other tourism-related businesses.


With the help of Cebu Pacific's promo fare, we were able to purchase a "not-so-bad" ticket to paradise from Jan 09 to Jan 12 2011. Although it was not my first time to see the place, I must admit that I had a bit of a blur memory of the island. I was obliged to do the itinerary as it's my friends first time to see the place and I intend to make the experience memorable for them.


- Terminal 3 -
First things first, the budget. First week of January is still peak season in Boracay. So, it was my duty to find a place economical and not too far from the happenings! I remember the place where we stayed back in 2007. It is located in station 2 near "D Mall", 30seconds away from the beach and it is near from everything! Tan's Guesthouse! My colleagues and I stayed there back in 2007 so I pretty much have an idea already. Ms. Net Sacapano of Tan's Guesthouse gave us a 3k per night stay multiply it by 3 we had 9k divide it by 4, each of us had to pay Php2250 for the entire stay which includes buffet breakfast! I would like to think that's not bad already considering it was peak season.


Day 1

We were scheduled to depart Manila for Kalibo at 5:35PM. The plane was running late so we officially took off at 6:05PM and arrived safe and sound in Kalibo Airport at 7:35PM! We have to be in Caticlan port before 9pm to catch the last boat ride to Cagban port. I have a contact already, and as soon as we set foot at the airport I saw my name on a piece of white board. The damage was Php1500 for the whole van divide it by 4, we each had to pay Php375 for one way exclusive ride to Caticlan port which is by the way, a 1 hour and 30 minutes drive from Kalibo airport.

From Caticlan port we each had to pay Php30 for a 10-15minute boat ride (normally, it's only Php20 at daytime), Php50 for the terminal fee and Php75 for the environmental fee which is one time charging - you no longer need to pay another Php75 going back to Caticlan port from Cagban port. From Cagban port we took a tricycle going to D Mall (Php25 per head) and from D Mall we went straight to Tan's Guesthouse. We officially arrived in Boracay at 9:30PM. Whew!


- Tan's Guesthouse -


And because we were so tired of the travel we agreed to eat somewhere that has a fast service rather than a restaurant in the area. What else to see but the ANDOK'S! 1 whole jumbo chicken, 1 order of chopsuey, 8 rice and a 1.5L coke! =P I will never forget the night we had dinner at Andok's. It was that night that my friend collapsed while we were having dinner. We remember her complaining that she feels dizzy but we just continued eating our dinner and somehow did not mind her. When suddenly she was mildly shaking, pale, about to fall off her chair - along the walking path of Boracay's D Mall and the pupil of her eyes is no longer visible! Like the symptoms of having a convulsion I must say. I was able to reach for her and my other friend quickly rushed to her side. I felt like I was so bad that I did not take it seriously at first, because the scenario somehow looks funny, although I know the severity of the situation. When she was able to contain herself after a minute that's when we all started laughing that even the couple on the other table who were watching us all through out the attack started laughing with us! Imagine that!!


- Jaydee, minutes before collapsing -

So, after the shaking and collapsing fiasco we took liberty of checking what was happening that night in the island and because it's weekend the bars and other establishments were alive!! Ugh! Too bad we were too tired to hang out. We get to see poi dancers though!

- Amazing Poi dancers of Boracay Island -
- Poi -


2 comments:

  1. Di naman mahaba ang byahe nyo ah... What happened to your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was too worried about her body in her new bikini so she opted to eat anything on our way pa lang from Manila. lol. But she's okay naman na. =)

    ReplyDelete