Sunday, September 8, 2013

Davao 2013 – Day 5 (Mall Day)

Not so much to do on that Thursday, after three consecutive days of activities my brother decided that we stay home for that day. Made me think that it’s a perfect time to explore the city myself. lol.
We had lunch and our nails done at home. In the afternoon my brother and his wife went to the mall, they invited me to join them but I didn’t feel going out.. until I grew bored. lol. So I’ve decided to visit our Davao office which is just near the mall (I heard).
I asked my brother-in-law the right way to the mall and he was telling me to just take a cab, but I felt the need to try taking the jeepney. So I insisted the one I wanted. lol. I took a bath, fixed myself and said bye-bye to my Mother. My sister-in-law’s father got worried and said that I should call him as soon as I got lost and he’ll pick me up with his car. lol.
So my brother-in-law brought me to the jeepney terminal just outside the village going to the mall. And while going down of his car he kept reminding me of the jeepney I should be taking when going home. lol.
I took the jeepney, from Wellspring, Catalunan Pequeñno to Ecoland where SM City Davao is located. The fare is like Php10 it’s quite far at first (it’s always been) from where we’re staying but going home was a jiff but… (we’ll get to that later. lol.)
IMG-20130418-01277
Hello SM Davao
!I felt the jeepney has been moving like forever I wonder if I’ve long passed the mall already. lol. I asked the passengers if the mall is any way near and they said yes. You can’t imagine how relieved I am to see that familiar Mall logo! lol.
I got down to the jeepney and had to ask a few people the right way to the office address I have in a small paper. After minutes of walking towards Ecoland I finally saw our office logo. lol.
IMG-20130418-01281Hello iFix Davao!!
Finally I get to see our Davao branch. iFix service centre is the sister company of two other companies which distributes lifestyle gadgets and accessories in the Philippines such as Apple , Samsung, BlackBerry (where I am assigned), Gosh!, Lacie and Belkin.
iFix is an authorised service centre for Apple products such iPod, iPad and Macs, which will be very much attended by the Apple certified technicians and also Samsung digital cameras which will also be attended by the certified Samsung digital cameras technicians.
IMG-20130418-01280
iFix Service Centre – Davao City
While checking out the office, it was nice to see these trash bins with labels and I thought we only have biodegradable and non-biodegradable! lol. I didn’t stay long at the office because it’s getting dark already and I still have to check out the mall which is just across the street.
IMG-20130418-01278
Unfortunately, when I got to the mall, my phone got drained because of an application I left open and running on the background that I got nothing to use to take pictures. Lol.
I went to an organic store to buy some almonds and as I was strolling around the mall, I saw on my peripheral view a person looking at me from stairs. i didn’t bother to mind the person so I continued walking until I heard my name. When I looked upstairs I saw my brother and my sister-in-law with her sister.
They were really surprised to see me especially my sisters-in-law! They said I was brave enough to find my way to the mall all by myself. Lol. My brother was thinking I might be meeting someone (my boyfriend). Lol. That’s crazy!! lol.
My brother invited me to come with them (him and wife) because they’re gonna transfer to another mall (Abreeza Mall) to watch a movie. I had to decline because I felt they need more quality time as it’s the only time they can be together alone without the kids around. Lol. They said bye-bye> And I’m left at the mall.
I had dinner at Bigby’s Cafe and Restaurant. I was glad to see this place because I heard a lot about it from my friends from south. I had their Bistro Cheesesteak Sandwich, it was served big and I’m glad I did not think twice to order it. lol. For around Php300 you will leave their restaurant with a huge smile and big burp! Lol.
After dinner I went home, I asked some people the right terminal for me. The thing is that I forgot the name of the place. Lol! I can’t make a call to even ask my Mom the name of the place. lol. The only name I remember is the town before my brother’s town – ‘Ulas
I went to what I thought an ‘Ulas’ terminal but it turned out to be a terminal for another town (Toril) far from where I am supposed to go. I paid the fare and very much uncertain of the place, people in the jeepney were wondering where I am going. Praying hard that my phone will somehow open I re-inserted the battery and hoped for the best,
Good thing my phone was able to boot up and I was able to get a very quick cll to my mom and ask the name of the place. When I finally able to tell the driver where I am going, he told me that I took the wrong jeepney and that he’ll just drop me to another terminal that will be bring me to Wellspring, Catalunan Pequeño.
After the driver kindly dropped me to the nearest terminal I hopped into the jeepney heading to my brother’s village. I hurriedly went down of the vehicle and took a tricycle that will take me inside the village. I was relieved when I saw the gate and as soon as I knocked on the gate the kids ran towards me and welcomed me. Awwwwww..
All in all, the day was pretty much an adventure. lol. It was really nice exploring the place in a more casual but fun way. lol. I played a little with the kids and were telling scary stories, it was awesome scaring them! Seeing their faces got scared on every stories I tell them? Priceless!! Hahahahahaha. One even cried because at times I will turn off the lights and shriek! lol.
Before I went to bed I prepared my things to bring for the next day trip. Day 06 is about going to another province, Mom’s hometown. Time to visit the relatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment