Monday, April 16, 2012

Macau 2012 - Day 1

I just had an amazing vacation at Asia's little Vegas, Macau. Booked the flight as early as April 2011, this was before our Hong Kong trip in May 2011. lol. Yeah, that early! The roundtrip ticket was only Php1500! Seriously! 

We were supposed to stay up to the 15th but we decided to extend 'coz we wanted to go back to Hong Kong and do our shopping there. So we had to extend it up to the 16th. lol. 

Fast forward.. Feb 12 2012. 

We were supposed to depart from Clark Airport but due to some changes, the Airline offered that we be re-routed to the Terminal 3 in Manila without any charge.. which will be more convenient. 

The crew.

Waiting for boarding.. 




The first day was chaos! lol. Seriously. The line at the check-in counter was endless and the girl at the counter was sluggish. By the time we got in to the immigration line we can already conclude that we are goin' to miss the flight.

Good thing the Airport personnel opened another Immigration window for passengers going to Macau and we hurriedly ran to that window just like an amazing race. lol. We're first on the line! lol. 

Touch down Macau! At the Immigration line.

As expected, it was pretty cold when arrived in Macau and as expected, language barrier is inevitable. lol. 

I was with Valerie on the cab and oh by the way, let me just say I was really amazed with their cab. The door will open automatically, just a one click button by the cab driver and it opens! lol. 

As we get inside we told the driver the name of the Hotel where we are going. We even told him the name of the city where it is located but he really can't understand. So he gestured to call the lady guard and we were surprised that she's a Filipina when she interrogated us in Tagalog. lol. 

After gathering all the info, she spoke to the driver in Mandarin or Cantonese, I don't know. lol. Now that was a breather! lol  

Welcome to Best Western Taipa

The lobby

421 for me and Val

Moi. lol. 

 
I got no complaints with the room. 

The room primarily has everything we needed - comfy bed, clean bath with lots of tissue! lol. Although I really expected for it to have a bathtub coz I brought with me a bubble bath soap! lol. 

 Squeaky clean

We got in at around 11pm already so by the time we decided to have dinner most of the stores or restaurants are closed already. The first joint we saw open was... THE McDonald's! lol. 

Busy trying to get a free wifi connection. lol

I really had fun eating my finger food. lol.
I like the sweet chili sauce! 

So we had to go back to the hotel to get some rest but we had to go out in our PJ's to do smoking! lol. Silly people! lol. And it was bad decision. It was cold! I had to check the temperature on my phone.. It was friggin' 11degrees celsius! 



No comments:

Post a Comment