Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why I Love My BlackBerry


A lot of people have been putting Apple and BlackBerry into comparison ever since apple released their Iphone. People who knew me undoubtedly know that my heart goes to the BlackBerry, set aside the fact that I am working for this product.

Primarily, the technology behind it. Forgive me for saying this but in an honest manner, there is nothing really big deal about the BlackBerry device itself. A lot of non-BlackBerry devices had cellphone and internet capabilities long before the BlackBerry became a household name.

What is really overwhelming about the BlackBerry is the technology and the Blackberry Service that led to the popularity of the device. But furthermore, it really depends on the lifestyle. Like with mine - I am not a fan of touchscreens. My fingers are huge! Oh boy, I bet there will be a lot of typo error on my messages sent to you. Secondly, I can access my "encrypted" emails anywhere and anytime. I mean, I can just leave my phone and do nothing but my emails will keep on coming, this is the technology I am talking about. The push technology.

- BlackBerry Torch -

I love their BlackBerry Messenger. For some who have not heard of it yet, the BlackBerry Messenger is a core application of the BlackBerry that allows you to exchange messages in real time with another BlackBerry user utilizing your PIN. Pretty much like a Yahoo! Messenger except you cannot download it on your PC and it is exclusive for BlackBerry only.

I can update my social networking accounts anytime and anywhere. Although I know non-BlackBerry devices have this capability to do it as well but I just love the way my BlackBerry does it, hah! The sense of "astigness" of seeing the "Facebook for BlackBerry" or "Twitter for BlackBerry" at the bottom of every updates with that cute BlackBerry logo. I just love it! =)

I have gone from BlackBerry Curve 8520 to BlackBerry Bold 9700 and to now BlackBerry 9800 Torch and the applications for Blackberry have gone a long way already. I like the idea of the BlackBerry Protect. It allows you to do wireless backup and restore all your data.

- Introducing BlackBerry Jennings 9810 -

Lost the phone? The BlackBerry Protect application can secure your important information. You can do remote device lock or remote device wipe and when I say "wipe" not only the phone but even the memory card can be remotely wiped! Phone stolen? Locate device on a map in case of it was stolen too! Misplaced it and you had it on silent mode? You can do remote activation of the BlackBerry smartphone loud ringer. How smart is that for a Smartphone huh?! Believe me, the application is awesome! I have tried it!

- The BlackBerry PlayBook -

There's also this BlackBerry Bridge that I cannot wait to use. It is an application that will link your BlackBerry handheld and BlackBerry PlayBook. You can send BBM, Emails, view your Calendars on BlackBerry PlayBook as long as you have this application. We just had a training and meeting about it this week as we are about to launch the BlackBerry PlayBook soon.

Give the BlackBerry a try. You will not regret it. Let us make the world a BBM away!

What can I say? Oh yes, I am a self confessed BlackBerry addict. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment