Sunday, March 3, 2013

CDO – Camiguin – Bukidnon 2012 – Day 3 and Day 4


The cab driver who drove us to the hotel the night we arrived in CDO from Camiguin offered his services to drive us and be the tour guide in Bukidnon. The travel time from Cagayan De Oro to Dahilayan, Bukidnon is like 2 hrs. Call time was 7am, we want to make use of our day in Dahilayan.

As usual, I was the one who woke up early and was the one who woke 'em all! lol. We had a jiffy breakfast and by 7:30am I was already in contact with the driver. We left the hotel at quarter to eight. I tried to get some sleep on the way but the scenery was just so appealing.

Approaching Bukidnon, all vehicles were being stopped by some quarantine staff and requested us to step down and step on foot baths, the driver said this is to protect Bukidnon from foot and mouth disease. Just so you know aside from Pineapples, Bukidnon boasts with a really big cattle industry too.

cdo-dahilayan01

At Manolo Fortich you will see Camp Phillips, it is where the vast field of pineapples covering around 9,000 hectares of land starts. It turns out the harvesting season has just finished. It was quite disappointing seeing only the rocky and dusty road of Camp Phillips. Though we saw some but they're like on the other side of the mountain already. lol. I heard you can pick a pineapple anytime along the way BUT the plantation has an eat it where you picked it policy, you're not allowed to bring home some Pineapples. Oh not only did we see Pineapples but also BANANAS tons of 'em!!

As the vast field of pineapples elapsed into my sight, colourful blossoms began to feed me.. it was stunning! I love flowers. It was like flowers everywhere - whether along the road or at every house I see. What's more stunning was that the kinds of flower I saw was not just wild flowers. Those are flowers that are so costly in a flower shop. lol.

It was starting to be like Baguio City.. We started to see pine trees. We rolled down the car windows to take pleasure in the cool wind. True enough, Dahilayan is like the Baguio City of Mindanao. The only thing missing are strawberries! lol.

cdo-dahilayan2

Welcome to Dahilayan Forest Park! Situated at the foot Mt. Kitanglad 4,700ft. above sea level. Forest Park is a popular tourist destination that offers a bunch of amusing activities for all ages, from forest animals and playground to ATV & buggy trail adventure.

If you're the type who only wants to sit, relax and enjoy the nature's beauty you can go at the forest picnic grounds sprawling with pine trees and life size animals. You will definitely enjoy the place.

Reminder: Entrance Fee: Php50 for weekdays ; Php100 for weekends.

But if Forest Park amenities does not satisfy you and wanted a more hard core adventure.. Go to Dahilayan Adventure Park, beside the Forest Park, to experience the longest zip-line in asia, Zipzone. It speeds up to 90kph, 840m long and launches at 4,700ft. above see level.

Zipzone Rates

P600.00 :  ALL RIDES ZIPLINE - 840mt., 320mt. plus 150mt.
P500.00 : BIG-ZIP  -  840mt.
P250.00 : MID-ZIP -  320mt. plus 150mt.

There is no age limit only weight limit. =)

For the BIG-ZIP you must be at least 40kls. and maximum of 120kls..

*** For kids below 40kls., they can only enjoy the MID-ZIP

I didn't get to try the zipline 'coz I didn't qualify on the maximum limit. lol. But it's okay 'coz I will be back in CDO to do rafting and by that time I swear I will get that ride! lol.

Jaydee and Mark tried the zip-line. Val and I took videos and pictures of the ride of their lives... It was nerve racking watching them. lol. But I guess they did enjoy it though.. They we're all smiles after every ride. lol.

So after the ride we decided to have an early lunch. Yup, it wasn't noon yet but then we felt like we did a lot of things that morning. By one o'clock we found our way back to Cagayan de Oro, we asked the driver to drove us to Limketkai Center 'coz that's where the Starbucks is. Val had to buy her city tumblers, she's crazy about it!

So, just for the sake of fun.. We decided to try the mall's cinema. lol. Yeeeeaaahhh... We were amazed to see the price of the movie ticket, it's just Php100! lol. I'm not gonna say that it was a horrible experience.. but then.. what do you expect to get from Php100 ticket? lol. But then again, the movie was funny though, we watched Hotel Transylvania! lol.

cdo-dahilayan03

Back in the hotel we were discussing the next day activity. We we're planning to do rafting but then we realized we only got one guy and I'm not sure all of us will be able to pull off the paddling thing, you know... lol. So we decided, though half hearted for me, to just stay put at the hotel and relax while we wait for our flight back to Manila. lol. I really wanted to do the rafting though.. I really do. lol.

The following day, we didn't have to wake up early as there ain't no activities for us. But for me who is an early riser, I decided to fix my things while the others are still asleep.

We checked out of the hotel at 1pm. Had a late lunch at Cagayanon Restaurant at Limketkai Center being recommended by our colleague especially their Durian shake. The place is pretty much a popular one in Cagayan de Oro. Just tell the taxi the name of the restaurant and they know where it is.

We had shrimp in garlic-something-sauce, Pork in tamarind soup, Laing and some shake. Val had the Durian shake while I had Coconut. lol. I'm not a big fan of Durian though I do eat the fruit, but the fruit is exotic enough for me.. I don't wanna complicate the taste than it already is.. lol.

And so, after that heavy and I mean HEAVY lunch.. I don't know what we were thinking that we decided to go take a turn at the neighbouring food shop.. it was crazy!

Missy Bon Bon, is not just your average breadshop. They serve healthy, freshly made bread and pastries onsite with unique assortment. They serve all day breakfast board to their wide flavours of their gelato. The place is faddy, cozy and fun. Service is good too! I recommend you to try the place. Please.. please.. please.. You don't want to miss this.

cdo-dahilayan04

Curiosity killed the cat, that's what the old saying goes.. I was too curious to taste a beer flavoured gelato. lol. So I ordered one mixed with green apple gelato.. The fusion reminded me of San Miguel Beer Green Apple. lol. And not long enough I began to be eloquent, dizzy... tipsy, it was crazy! lol.

We left at 4pm to catch our 6:05pm flight back to Manila which departed on time. It was great! By 9:00pm I was sitting pretty back home reminiscing the incredible vacation. The white beach of Camiguin, the chilly climate of Dahilayan and the food.. oh yes the food, how can I forget that!

We have been gone for 4 days and 3 nights.. but we felt like we've been gone longer than that. We really get to enjoy our time like what we're supposed to.. Aaahhh.. Coz you know why? Nothing beats a well made itinerary with an early flight in and a late flight out. lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment