Friday, December 2, 2011

Two Years And Counting

Exactly two years ago I started with Microwarehouse Inc. A brief background of the company - Microwarehouse Inc. founded in June 1995, pioneered the marketing and distribution of cutting-edge, top-of-the-line digital lifestyle products (Apple, Blackberry, LG, Lacie, Incase, Gosh!, iHome, Acer, Belkin, Phillips, HP, Cisco). 

I just want to share some of my significant moments in the company. 



November 2009 - My Boss from my previous company (Novare) knew that I haven't got a job yet so he referred me to a certain JC Sandejas from Microwarehouse (sister company of Novare). He conducted my really cool and my most unforgettable interview. 

At first, we were all formal on the HR department but when he saw that I have a pack of cigarette on my bag everything went casual. He told me that we should transfer to the courtyard. We sat on the available chairs/table and boy! That was awesome! We were like smoking while he was conducting the interview! Little did I know that he will be my boss! Hah! 

After 2 days I received a call from the HR Manager telling me I got the job and I should be starting on the 1st of December. I was happy of course! 'Coz I thought I'll be going through the holiday season without a penny to my name. lol. 

December 2009 - I was their first support engineer for BlackBerry. The first two months were such a bummer, there's really not much to do because there's no product for distribution yet. However, during that period, with the help of Novare of course, we're developing an ideal system suitable for the project. 

Also during that period there were like tons of meeting and trainings conducted. I was nervous because in my years of working I've used to being just on the other line. This time I have to speak in front of a lot people conducting Blackberry training and tutorials. Even the President of the company would ask me about some of his dilemma on his BlackBerry.

January 2010 - Orlando or "Don" was the second employee hired by the company for the project. Yay! Finally! Somebody I can call an office mate! lol.

February 2010 - Almost 3000 Blackberry units arrived for distribution. I will not forget this because we had to render over time on Feb 13 and 14 as we need to install the ATL application developed by Novare because the company wanted to distribute the units the following day (Feb 15). So my date got cancelled. *Sigh.

The second quarter of 2010 was turning to be a "work" scene. There were times I will be deployed outside conducting tutorial or training for executives, which also happens to be good friends of our top bosses. 

June 2010 -  My first warehouse sale. Shoppers and techies get the chance to buy gadgets from the worlds leading and in-demand lifestyle gadget brands at extremely great deals. I get to man the Blackberry booth since that's the product I work for. I bought my BlackBerry 9700 and the BB8520 service unit I was using was given to Don.

My first warehouse sale ID, June 2010.

July 2010 - I went hiatus for a week as I needed to attend personal matters. It was an abrupt decision and my boss understood the situation, so he let me go on leave. Don took over the operations.

When I came back this is what I saw.

Everybody wanted to know what happened. I kept mum. Only my boss and Valerie knew the reason and I guess Kuya Louie, 'coz he heard and saw me crying on the phone talking to my mother and he was there hushing me. Anyway, I was touched with all the concern I got on that day. All I said was "God is great. He'll never let you down."

August 2010 - The company had to let go of Don. I felt bad for the guy. I tried to reason with my boss about the decision of the President. I'll miss the guy but hey, we remained friends. In fact he's now working with a telecommunications company and from time to time if he has inquiry or confusion on Blackberry he still call or message me.

September 2010 -Welcome Jerrylee! We get to hire a new support engineer. How will I forget the first day of this guy.. I was expecting him to see him in the morning. I've been passing by the lobby several times and I noticed a guy sitting. When I confirmed to my boss that the new SUE will be coming in today, I told him there was this guy sitting for hours outside. Probably it's him. And yes it's him! lol.

December 2010 - My second warehouse sale and we got our bonus! 'nuff said! hahaha.

January 2011 - When I got back from a vacation leave we had to transfer on a different area as our original area was under construction. Also 3 more were added to the team. JC, Louie and Philip. And just after a week Louie had to be transferred on a different project. 

The newly constructed area.

February 2011 - According to the contract we need 4 SUEs for the project. We needed 1 more. Jeremy got hired.

From February 2010 - February 2011, I have been assuming the position of the team leader. Until Boss Sherwin recommended me for promotion.

March 2011 - I got promoted to Supervisory level. lol. I don't know what my boss were thinking! Kidding! I'm so grateful, believe me. I didn't know it'll be possible. Although Val always told me it could really happen in the future. Telling me I've always been there from day one of the operations. She's happy for me too.

June 2011 -I man the Blackberry booth for the third time on the warehouse sale. I bought my red Blackberry Torch. Thank you to the Product Manger for giving me a great deal! Sadly, Philip had to resign due to personal reasons. But we remained good friends. We hangout every now and then.

 Jeremy, Jerry, Philip and JC on Philip's farewell party in Bulacan.

August 2011 - We needed one more for our team. So we started hiring for a support engineer. I get to interview some. Only one caught my attention. KIM!! lol. I asked her my key question on hiring people and I get to appreciate her answer. lol. Right then and there we hired her. And I didn't get wrong hiring her. She clicked with the group! Not the typical Scholastican I knew. Sorry guys, she's taken.

 New baby of the team, Kim.

Thank God Almighty for I am so blissful of where I am now. I get to have tempting offers from different companies. lol. even outside the country but these people I am with every day is just so fun to be with and it just makes you hard to go. It's like we're not working at all, it's like we're just playing games but with rules. I love to be surrounded with things I like and everybody knows how much I'm head-over-heels with the BlackBerry. I love the perks! You're first in everything! 

And my bosses are not hard to please. Just do your job well and they will be basically happy with it. Not everyone is lucky enough to have it say this but "I really do love my job!" And as 2011 ends, whether good or bad,  I can't wait for more things that could unravel before my eyes, for the company, for the project and for the team.


1 comment:

  1. Very well said. Its been two years na nga par! Ang bilis ng panahon, hehe! More Blessings to come :) Ajah!

    ReplyDelete