Thursday, October 6, 2011

Palawan 2011 - Day 2 (Badjao)

After the underground river experience I requested our tour guide if they can just drop us to a market as soon as we are in the city proper where we can buy "pasalubong" for our friends and family and then we will just take a tricycle back to De Loro. The tour guide and the driver brought us at what they called "tiangge" which is actually part of a city tour. 

The city tour is not included on our itinerary because that would be another rate, they somehow decided to just let us do our shopping without extra charge. Isn't that awesome?! They are so accommodating. I just love 'em! Please book at De Loro in, you will not regret it! http://www.deloropalawan.com/

I dont have a picture of the "Tiangge" but I get to find one on another blog. A perfect image of the place. This is where you can buy "pasalubong" from shirts to daing or bulad. http://ubossahod.blogspot.com/ 

Tiangge-tiangge

We arrived back to De Loro at six o'clock PM. We did some freshen up and we headed to Badjao. We read from several blogs that it is one of the "a must" places to eat at Puerto Princesa, also our friend, Ara insisted that we eat there and so we did.

There are two branches of Badjao Seafront Restaurant in Palawan. The first one is in Puerto Princesas commercial district which is near the "Tiangge." The other one is overlooking a marsh with mangroves located inside barrio Sikat which can be found along Abueg Road, that's where we went.


Most of the customers went home already when we got there at eight o'clock. Since we went there at night time we were not able to see the view but I bet it has a nice view of the sea with its large open windows. We also noticed plenty of mangrove on the surrounding as it is in fact built on top of a mangrove habitat, so it is somehow a floating restaurant. It's amazing there. Please try it and tell me if I am wrong.


Their menu is traditionally Filipino. The list of food is boundless from vegetables to meat but clearly we do not want to miss the seafoods, so brace yourself. Oh I forgot to mention they got a pianist that plays Filipino ballad songs which is just perfect while dining. There were several times when I would like to go up and sing beside him. lol.

Trivia: Did you know that the Prince of York, Prince Albert visited the restaurant when he came to Puerto Princesa. Badjao Seafront Restaurant was the only restaurant he visited during his Puerto Princesa tour. You can see him from the several pictures of him hanged on their wall and I thought it's a good advertisement too.

 Clam soup

 Ensaladang talong

 Sizzling squid

 Grilled tuna

 Spicy shrimp in butter with garlic
 
Spicy crabs in coconut milk. I just love the crab fat! Trust me you better watch out for it. 

We stayed there up to ten thirty o'clock PM. Our total bill was Php1600 Not bad for a good food and ambiance. We were the last customers. 

If you wanna try this restaurant it can also get filled up during lunch and dinner time so I would advise you to place your reservation before coming to Badjao Seafront restaurant by calling them at (048) 433-9912. You can have your hotel receptionist do it for you.

Me and Jose playing around before sleeping

I had difficulty sleeping that night. I guess because of too much crab fat. The air conditioner was in high temperature but I feel hot. I was not feeling sick (nor feverish) though. I had to try to go to sleep because our call time the next day is six o'clock AM for our Honda bay tour! 


No comments:

Post a Comment