Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sweet and Tipsy Experience

My colleagues and I were looking for a place where we could have our dessert since we're pretty much full from our dinner, then we accidentally found this chocolate place in Makati where you can indulge yourself to different variety of chocolates. The place is called Maitre Chocolatier Boutique Cafe, their chocolates here are imported instead of "home-made" like the other one we used to go to also located in Makati. 

Located along Jupiter St. in Makati City just beside Starbucks Coffee - Jupiter

The place is modern homey, you'll see a lot of posh and sleek furniture, you can sit on their couch and play cards while enjoying their chocolate menu.. and yes all their food have chocolates! From appetizers to.. yes.. desserts! lol. 





What really caught my attention was the display the will greet you when you open the door. It's a dress made out of Ferrero Rocher wrapper.. lol seriously. It's nicely done though.

Marge trying out the dress. lol. 

Go chocolate shopping

They called this the Sweet Revenge, the bitter-sweet taste of the chocolate compliments with the sweetness of vanilla ice cream. I'm not sure if Rico liked it but I did enjoy it. lol. 

Irish Midnight, it's made out of Bailey's and Vodka and its rim was dipped into a powdered sugar. It smells sweet and tastes sweet at first! lol. You can definitely taste the alcohol after so I had to drink water after every sip. lol. 

Bailey Vodka Martini, I like this one actually. I'd like to call this the Dirty Chocolate Martini. lol. This has chocolate syrup at the bottom and it comes with chocolate balls, which is like olives on a true martini drink, on its stirrer. It's sweet you can seldom taste the alcohol. Nice choice Marge! lol. 

Death by Chocolate, reading the name on the menu just gave me goosebumps, I can imagine the percentage of alcohol on this, and boy I was right! lol. I like how they served it in a very, very cold martini glass and lighted it up! lol. I didn't know chocolates can be flammable. lol. Well yeah of course it's because of the alcohol. lol. You'll need a straw to sip it in a flammable state. lol. Great choice Val!

 Pumpkin Soup w/ Villar Blanc Chocolate, I didn't get to taste it but my boss seemed to be happy with the taste. So I guess it's good. lol.

Ferrero Rocher Cake

Churros! I love churros! Mom used to make this when I was a kid. I was supposed to order this but their out of it for that day. 

 Yes! They got sugar free chocolates! 

Yeah, so this is me.. Happy and tipsy! lol

On this place you'll see that chocolates are not just desserts.

Visit:
Maitre Chocolatier Boutique Café
2A (Beside Starbucks). No. 28 Jupiter Street
Bel Air, Makati City, Philippines
(632) 897 8559


Photo credit
Sherwin M. Evangelista

No comments:

Post a Comment